Los Altos respects your privacy, and is committed to protecting your personal information from unauthorized use or disclosure.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Los Altos may collect your personal information through one or more of the following methods:
- Personal Information You Provide. Los Altos may collect personal information when you register as a user of our website, shop online or in our stores (e.g., providing birthday information at the bakery for cake and celebration reminders and discounts); sign up for or use our products or services; enroll in our marketing programs; cash a check; contact us about a prior purchase; or email, call, or otherwise communicate with us. For example, when you enroll in our marketing program, we may request that you provide your home or email address. If you do not provide such information, your participation in such programs may be limited. Similarly, if you contact us regarding a product or service that you are interested in or concerned about, we may request that you provide personal information that will enable us to respond to your inquiry.
- Automatically Collected Personal Information. When you shop at our website or in our stores; or register for or use our services; transactional information such as the date of your purchase, registration, or service usage; their descriptions, and if applicable, the dollar amount or value of the transaction may be collected automatically. We treat this information as personal information if we combine it with or link it to other information that may identify you.
- Other Information. We may obtain information about you from third parties such as demographic marketing information, address verification, or mailing list information and combine it with other personal information pertaining to you.
OUR USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Los Altos may use your personal information for a variety of purposes, including:
- Responding to your requests;
- Processing and completing your transactions, including the delivery of products or services;
- Contacting you about products or services that we believe may be of interest to you, or sharing with you special offers from Los Altos or promotions from other companies;
- Conducting market research, surveys, and similar inquiries to help us understand trends and customer needs across product categories or customer groups;
- Evaluating your shopping experience or existing products and services, or to create new items;
- Attempting to contact you regarding product safety or recall issues;
- Communicating weekly specials and discounts via email;
- Applying discounts for any marketing program specials when you shop;
- Entering you into sweepstakes and promotions;
- Verifying and validating your identity for purposes such as check cashing or money transfers;
- Contacting you regarding items lost in our stores, such as your keys, purse, or wallet;
- Keeping a record of our interactions with you if you place an order or otherwise deal with our bakery for special event orders or store representatives over the telephone or online; or
- Preventing, investigating, or providing notice of fraud, unlawful or criminal activity, or unauthorized access to or use of personal information, our website or data systems, or to meet legal obligations.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Los Altos may share your personal information internally among its various affiliated companies. Los Altos does not sell or rent your personal information to third parties in the ordinary course of business. Notwithstanding, upon the occurrence of certain corporate transactions, your personal information may be disclosed or transferred as described under the caption “Certain Business Transfers” below. Our practices with respect to the disclosure of personal information are described below.
- With Your Consent. We may disclose your personal information to third parties with your consent. You may give your consent in several ways, such as through a written agreement that you sign or acknowledge; an online method, such as a “click-through” agreement or registration page; an oral statement, such as by way of an interactive voice response; or through the terms and conditions under which we provide you a particular product or service. Sometimes your consent may be implicit. For example, if you purchase products with a credit card and have them shipped to your home, you implicitly consent to the disclosure of your name and address to a third-party shipping company to complete the delivery, and of your credit card number to the credit card processor to authorize the transaction and to the bank to collect payment.
- Service Providers. We may disclose your personal information to third parties who complete transactions or perform services on our behalf or for your benefit. Information provided to such parties for payment authorization or verification purposes may be retained by them in a database that is used to provide similar services to others. We may also utilize the services of third parties to verify customer data, such as mailing addresses or to supplement other information we have collected. We may also contract with third parties to host a website, conduct market research, or send you information regarding our products or services, or those of other companies with whom we conduct business.
- Legal Process. We may disclose your personal information to legal or government regulatory authorities in response to their requests for such information or to assist in investigations of theft, fraud, or abuse. We may also disclose your personal information to third parties in connection with claims, disputes, or litigation, or if we determine its disclosure is necessary in an emergency.
- Certain Business Transfers. Your personal information may be disclosed as part of a corporate business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, joint venture, or financing or sale of company assets, and could be transferred to a third party as one of the business assets in such a transaction. It may also be disclosed in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership.
CHECK CASHING, MONEY TRANSFER, OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION
Los Altos' financial groups or servicers may collect protected identification information, including your personal identification or credit information. This information is most often used to process your transactions. It is also required to comply with state or federal banking requirements, protect against fraud or other inappropriate transactions, and respond to your inquiries. The identification and credit information (different from personal identification information) is subject to our notice of privacy practices that more specifically describes how we may use or disclose your protected information. You may request a copy of our notice of privacy practices when you visit any of our financial services locations or by contacting us using one of the methods listed under the caption “How to Contact Us” that appears below.
INFORMATION PERTAINING TO CHILDREN
Los Altos is the only operator of its website, and its contact information is listed in the “How to Contact Us” section below. Los Altos does not knowingly or intentionally collect personal information from children under the age of 13, and has taken steps to avoid doing so through its website. Accordingly, Los Altos does not enable children to make their personal information publicly available, knowingly or intentionally use their information in any manner, or knowingly or intentionally disclose their information to anyone. If a child under the age of 13 has or may have provided personal information to Los Altos, a parent or guardian may inform us of that fact by contacting us using one of the methods listed in the “How to Contact Us” section below, and we will then review our records and delete any such information from our database. If you are under the age of 13, do not provide us with any personal information either directly or indirectly (e.g., by posting personal information on our website). Any personal information that we receive from a person whom we believe is under the age of 13 will be deleted.
ACCESS TO AND RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Los Altos does not maintain all of your personal information in a form that you can access or update, and some items, such as transaction records, may not be changed. Accordingly, we will determine and may limit what may be accessed and how, and we may keep a record of changes (including deletions) and disclose them for compliance or other lawful purposes. We keep your personal information for as long as we think is necessary or advisable, and we reserve the right to retain it to the full extent not prohibited by law. You may review your personal information that is readily accessible or request that it be updated by contacting our Los Altos Customer Service Center using one of the methods listed under the “How to Contact Us” section below.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Los Altos uses various physical, electronic, and procedural measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized disclosure or misuse. We employ Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology and other security measures to encrypt sensitive personal information you input, such as credit card numbers, during transmission. However, because no data security systems are completely secure, we do not warrant that any personal information that you provide to us will be secure or safe from unauthorized access. If you provide any personal information to us, you do so at your own risk.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Los Altos' website does not respond to “do not track” signals or similar mechanisms. Los Altos may send you email messages, direct mail offers, or other communications regarding products or services unless you specifically ask us not to do so when you enroll in our marketing program, access our website, or change your preferences by updating any accounts you may have with us. At any time, you may elect to discontinue receiving commercial messages from Los Altos by submitting an opt-out request to our Los Altos Customer Service Center (see “How to Contact Us” below) or by following the instructions in the form of the communication you received, as described below.
- Emails: To opt out of receiving marketing materials via email, use the method provided in the emails or contact our Los Altos Customer Service Center.
- Printed Materials: To opt out of receiving printed marketing materials at your postal address, such as catalogs, flyers, or postcards, contact our Los Altos Customer Service Center.
- Voice or Text Messages: To opt out of receiving voice messages by telephone, you may follow the instructions stated in the pre-recorded voice message or text message or contact our Los Altos Customer Service Center.
HOW TO CONTACT US
CNG Ranch, LLC
Attn: Los Altos Customer Service Center
1201 N. Magnolia Avenue
Anaheim, CA 92801
Phone: (888) 672-9832